Military Airstrikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria and Iraq Oct 5
On Oct. 3, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq.
4th Oct 2015
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Military Strikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria and Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA- On Oct. 3, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted six strikes using fighter, bomber, ground-attack and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted ten strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using bomber, fighter, attack, and fighter-attack aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Al Hasakah, three strikes struck three separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed three ISIL structures, two ISIL fighting positions, and an ISIL motorcycle.
• Near Ar Raqqah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
• Near Mar’a, one strike destroyed an ISIL excavator.
• Near Washiyah, one strike damaged an ISIL excavator.
• Near Al Baghdadi, one strike struck an ISIL pontoon bridge.
• Near Al Huwayjah, two strikes suppressed ISIL mortar fire and an ISIL mortar position.
• Near Fallujah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL building, an ISIL heavy machine gun, and an ISIL RPG.
• Near Kirkuk, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL heavy machine gun and an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Ramadi, three strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL VBIED, an ISIL tactical vehicle, six ISIL fighting positions, breached two ISIL obstacles, and denied ISIL access to terrain.
• Near Sinjar, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed a heavy machine gun and two ISIL fighting positions.
• Near Sultan Abdallah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and two ISIL fighting positions.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United States. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.