On July 13, Coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted seven airstrikes using bomber, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft.
15th Jul 2015
July 14, 2015
Release # 20150714
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Military Airstrikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria and Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA – On July 13, Coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted seven airstrikes using bomber, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 20 airstrikes approved by the Iraqi Ministry of Defense using bomber, attack, and fighter-attack aircraft against ISIL targets.
“We are supporting ISF operations in Ramadi with precision airstrikes on Daesh targets,” said Brig. Gen. Kevin Killea, CJTF-OIR chief of staff. “Coalition efforts to date in Ramadi have been a great enabler for the advancement of Iraqi ground forces. It should be understood that the coalition only supports those security forces, tribal resistance fighters and Iraqi Army units that are under the control of the government of Iraq and report directly to the Ministry of Defense for operations.”
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
· Near Al Hasakah, two airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions.
· Near Aleppo, three airstrikes struck three ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL towed artillery piece.
· Near Dayr Az Zawr, two airstrikes struck nine ISIL staging areas.
· Near Fallujah, six airstrikes struck five ISIL tactical units destroying two ISIL excavators, an ISIL vehicle, an ISIL heavy machine gun position, an ISIL mortar system and an ISIL fighting position.
· Near Habbaniyah, one airstrike destroyed two ISIL VBIEDs, an ISIL armored personnel carrier and an ISIL excavator.
· Near Haditha, two airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units destroying an ISIL mortar system, an ISIL fighting position and an ISIL structure.
· Near Makhmur, one airstrike struck an ISIL rocket position.
· Near Mosul, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and an ISIL mortar position and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
· Near Ramadi, five airstrikes destroyed an ISIL excavator, an ISIL VBIED factory, an ISIL armored vehicle, an ISIL structure and four ISIL VBIEDs.
· Near Sinjar, two airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units destroying five ISIL buildings, two ISIL light machine guns, and an ISIL heavy machine gun.
· Near Tal Afar, one airstrike had inconclusive results.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria and the wider international community. The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and the U.S.