On July 12, Coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq.
14th Jul 2015
July 13, 2015
Release # 20150713
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Military Airstrikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria and Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA – On July 12, Coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted nine airstrikes using bomber, fighter-attack and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 39 airstrikes approved by the Iraqi Ministry of Defense using bomber, attack, fighter-attack and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
“Coalition airstrikes support partner ground operations against Daesh; they degrade Daesh capacity to equip, assemble, plan and finance operations, and prepare defenses,” said Lt. Col. Thomas Gilleran, CJTF-OIR spokesman. “We target Daesh in depth and will continue to strike them wherever they operate.”
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
· Near Al Hasakah, seven airstrikes struck an ISIL large tactical unit and five ISIL tactical units destroying seven ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL vehicle and an ISIL armored personnel carrier.
· Near Ar Raqqah, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
· Near Kobani, one airstrike destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
· Near Al Huwayjah, one airstrike struck an ISIL rocket position.
· Near Habbaniyah, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit destroying two ISIL bunkers, an ISIL cache and an ISIL heavy machine gun.
· Near Hit, one airstrike destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
· Near Makhmur, one airstrike struck an ISIL rocket position.
· Near Ramadi, 29 airstrikes struck 67 ISIL staging areas destroying two ISIL excavators, an ISIL armored personnel carrier, and an ISIL vehicle.
· Near Sinjar, two airstrikes struck an ISIL large tactical unit and an ISIL tactical unit destroying an ISIL personnel carrier, four ISIL buildings and an ISIL light machine gun.
· Near Tal Afar, four airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and an ISIL rocket position, suppressing ISIL heavy machine gun fire and destroying an ISIL fuel tanker and an ISIL building.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria and the wider international community. The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and the U.S.